Whether you were expecting snow and ice this early, it is necessary to make sure you’ve gotten your winter home maintenance tasks covered. Here are just a few “to dos” you’ll want to get to ASAP:
- Clean out your gutters to ensure proper drainage.
- Empty hoses, A/C lines, etc. to prevent freezing.
- Cap or weatherproof outdoor water spouts.
- Caulk and seal windows and doors to prevent leaking.
- Have your furnace and fireplace serviced.
- Change your furnace and HVAC air filters.
- Clean your kitchen’s exhaust hood and filter.