As a dedicated Realtor®, my motto is “working for you.” I love it when my fellow Realtors® feel the same way. Here’s one way that the Seattle King County Association of Realtors® is working for us and our clients too…through its new Green Home Advisor website. This information-rich site contains practical ideas and links for creating energy smart homes. You can do an energy audit; scout out deals, rebates and incentives; learn more about energy smart homes; and get designing and remodeling tips.
Here are just a few tips you’ll find on Green Home Advisor:
- Cut your energy bill in half by washing clothes with warm or cold water instead of hot.
- Replace older toilets with newer models that are more efficient and use less water.
- Plug electronics into a power strip, so you can easily “power off” when not in use, saving energy and reducing your electric bill.
- Wood floors are beautiful, but they allow heat to escape. Add a layer of insulation underneath.
- Use sustainable, recycled or salvaged materials when remodeling for cost savings and to reduce your environmental impact.
Working for you,
John L. Scott – Kent