During the summertime, a deck can be a wonderful addition to your home, expanding your space so you can turn it into a haven of relaxation. But decks aren’t just useful and beautiful. They also require a lot of work. Movesmart Home Inspections offers these maintenance tips to help you check your deck this summer:
– Check your deck each summer for a proper seal of preservative, paint, or stain to wood surfaces, including handrails, balusters (the vertical posts of your deck’s railing) and the deck boards.
– If needed, restain, paint or preserve these parts as needed.
– Do not leave any wood grain open to the weather. It will wear quickly.
– If you have loose screws, nails or bolts, tighten or replace them.
– Check for loose balusters or posts and tighten them.