In our last post, we talked about curb appeal and gave you 12 quick fixes to make your home’s exterior more saleable. In this post, inspired by HouseLogic.com, we are giving you more easy home improvement ideas. This time, though, we’ll focus on the inside of your home.
- Switch it up. Switchplates get worn and dirty with everyday use, so replacing them with something more stylish – and durable – can make a difference. Buy new ones or refinish the ones you’ve got.
- Replace drawer and door hardware to change the look of cabinets. Switch from metal to wood, wood to metal, ceramic, glass or whatever suits your style. An easy, affordable way to give cabinets and doors a facelift.
- Exchange your toilet seat. Tired of that same old, boring white toilet seat most of us have? Try a new look with a solid wood seat or a fashion color, just not a cushioned seat – please!
- Clean and declutter. Take 15 minutes to organize a hall closet, clean a guest bathroom or declutter your mud room. Organizing things will give that closet or room a whole new look and help you feel like you accomplished something useful in a short time.
- Tiny touch-ups. A dab of paint can quickly “erase” scuff marks on walls and doors without a lot of effort.
Do you have favorite ways to spruce up your home? If so, post them in the comments. We’d love to hear your ideas!